Sunday, October 25, 2009

New addition to the family


I know what you are thinking...Cmon why not a Gadget be part of your family....

This little one was on my "Wish list" then moved into "To do" list and finally moved into "Must have" list. I was a PC user all my life. I always looked at Mac as a alien species, which i never want to understand. Also the people who bought Mac. I always wonder, why in the earth these guys spend so much money on Mac and why they can't buy a PC which is half or 1/3 the price. They people who bought Mac also looked alien to me.

My thoughts around Apple changed by a Small little devil, Ipod. To me it was a Genius idea, while Sony and other "guys" dominate the music industry with Cassette, CD player and even with other mini players...Ipod was classic. It stood alone and it still does.

I got the Gen2 Ipod and then a Shuffle (the cube one) and then a Nano(3rd generation) and finally IPhone 3GS. Apple really changed the perspective of the end user about electronic gadgets and opened ideas. Their products are extremely user friendly and intuitive.

This alone didn't changed my idea about moving into Mac. PC is a great evolution, absolutely no argument to that. Microsoft did help users to getting used to PC, absolutely no argument to that. What made Microsoft looked bad is that he stopped the innovation at some point. (I would say after XP). Not to mention the Viruses and slowdowns, blue screen of death etc...
Microsoft somehow thought he can dictate the terms of how PC should evolve and MAc would be Mac and no one will switch to Mac.

Steve Jobs did understood this and moved pretty fast and produced wonderful product in the last 5/6 years. I made up the mind to switch to Mac, even though i know Windows 7 was just around the corner (Btw, what is the name windows 7 !!!)

I bought this baby couple of weeks back and it is an amazing experience so far... This little one cost me twice the money of a PC/Microsoft. I would say every cent is worth it...I am glad about my decision and i am not going to look back any time soon with Windows, until otherwise they come up with something that will flatter me. Until then "Good bye Microsoft"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment